Join the Troop - Volunteer for the Silverbacks
The Silverbacks are a volunteer-run organization, led by the guiding principle of "by players, for players". This has been very successful thus far and we are looking to expand our volunteer base, as a result, to help with the workload.
Upon the foundation of this club, we decided to give up our time and put our hearts into shaping a community organisation in the way we felt it should be shaped. We are looking for people who feel the same.
Current roles are posted below.
Team Manager - Beckenham, BR3 3SR
South London Silverbacks RLFC are a new amateur Rugby League club playing in the London & South East Championship. We pride ourselves on our strong brand and organisation. As such, we are looking for a First Team Manager to assist us at home and away fixtures. Like all roles in the club, this is a voluntary role.
* In the week of the game, coordinating with the opposition team, the Referee's Society and the appointed match official to make sure the game goes ahead as planned.
* Chasing player availability, becoming co-admin of our player availability system.
* Becoming part of team selection process, based on criteria such as attendance and membership.
* Being responsible for matchday admin, such as collating player registration forms and collecting any cash match fees. For home games, this also includes taking responsibility for and completing the official teamsheet, paying the referee and reporting final scores to the RFL.
* Assisting on the touch-line with substitutions and gathering of statistics for reporting to the RFL.
* Writing basic match reports for the club's website.
To apply, please click "Join Us" above with the Subject Line "Team Manager".